The best AWS Approved caravan motorhome workshop near Bristol?
Great question, we really work hard to be the best, here are some of the reasons we believe you might wish to consider us.
The AWS criteria is listed below, with a link to the AWS website, but first the additional benefits we can offer you, your caravan, motorhome or campervan.
We know that communication is key, as consumers ourselves, we know how annoying it can be to phone a utility company and find we are on hold for ages before speaking to a real person, here at Bristol Caravans we have the old fashioned type of phone system that is answered by a human. Alternatively, drop us an email and we will respond asap.
Once you have asked for an estimate or have booked a job, you will be on our IT system. The system is hosted in the cloud, and holds information in three ways, you, your vehicle and the job.
Holding information in this way means we can send you details of the job, photos and updates whilst the job is live. There is no replacement for an in-person visit to view repair progress, but that isn’t always possible with busy lifestyles, our system means you can make informed decisions without leaving home.
Most AWS workshops focus on the Habitation aspects (LPG Gas, 230v electrics, etc), but we also offer:
- Mechanical services ie. Engine / Chassis
- Mechanical repairs ie. Suspension / Brakes / Exhausts
- MOT we arrange, deliver, wait & collect your motorhome or Campervan from a trusted MOT centre
- Body repairs, we work with two trusted Bodyshop’s to manage the best repair for the right budget
Many repairers just sell a product and bolt it on. We have an alternative approach, we look to understand what it is you are looking to achieve, how you use your vehicle whilst away.
Once we understand you needs, we can advise on the best upgrade or bolt-on accessory for you.
Lithium batteries are a great example, customers often come in and say retailers try and sell Lithium as a “dark art”. We take a pragmatic approach and unpick the details so the customer has a solid understanding, before making a financial decision. Not all accessories are the same, by choosing us, you benefit from our experience across many accessories including:
- Levelling systems
- LPG Gas refillable and under slung tank systems
- Solar panels
- Bike racks (inc motorised Bike Lifts)
- Air suspension systems
- Mobile wi-fi
- Lithium batteries, B2B changers, 230v Lithium chargers, etc
- Reversing cameras
- Air Con
Many repairers just focus on “servicing”, and refer issues to the “main dealer”.
As a approved repairer for many of the appliances fitted in caravans, motorhomes and campervans we can undertake initial diagnostics, order parts and complete most repairs for Truma, Thetford, Dometic, ALDE and others.
Not all repairers are approved by all suppliers.
We are trusted by importers, suppliers and brands to be the local contact / workshop, examples include:
- RoadPro – Lithium
- MA-VE – Levelling systems
- BR – Bike Lift
All AWS workshops are audited once a year, where skills, tools and equipment are checked, AWS repairers offer the following:
- Display a detailed list of prices and labour rates
- Provide an estimate for any additional servicing or repair work over £150
- Give a realistic estimated time for completion and collection
- Use genuine spare parts where available
- Ensure all work is carried out using skill, care and professional judgement
- Always provide you with a check list of work done
- Not start work without your express authority
- Contact you for authority to continue if additional work is identified
- Notify you in writing of faults which are not rectified, with an honest assessment of the urgency of the repairs required.
For more information about the AWS scheme visit: AWS Website
We really hope the above gives you a sense that we are committed and seek customers that want a little more from their repairer. In reality the best way to get to know us is to pop in and ask to have a look around.
Be it Service, Repair, Storage or Camping, we are here for you, your caravan, motorhome or campervan.
Give us a call, how can we help?