What should I do pre-season before I go away in my caravan, motorhome or campervan?
Here is your pre-season check list, and if you are too busy, we can do it for you!
You don’t want to arrive at your destination, which might be remote, and find that your caravan, motorhome or campervan is not fully operational. The key to a stress free break is preparation.
We recommend a complete shake down following any storage period, we have listed a pre-season check below for ref.
But if life is getting in the way, and time is short, we can complete the pre-season check list for you:
- Fill / Sterilise Fresh Water System / Drain Down
- Check Fridge on LPG Gas and 230v
- Check Room Heater (or Truma Combi / ALDE Heating) on LPG Gas and 230v
- Check Water Heater on LPG Gas and 230v
- Check Hob on LPG Gas (and 230v if applicable)
- Check Oven on LPG Gas
- Check Grill on LPG Gas
- Charge Leisure Battery
- Check Leisure Battery
- Check / Adjust Tyre Pressures
- Check Road Lights
- Torque Road Wheel Bolts
- Check Stabilizer Pads (caravan only)
- Check & Record Service / Maintenance Dates
If you store your caravan, motorhome or campervan with us ask about our collect & return service, just drop your keys into reception.
For ref. typical maintenance actions for a Caravan, Motorhome or Campervan include:
- Habitation Service – annual
- EICR 230v System Check – every 3 years
- Engine/Chassis service – annual
- MOT – after year 3 – annual
- Tyres – every 5 years
- Cambelt – every 5 years (subject to manufacturer)
- Brake Fluid Change – every 2 years (subject to test)
- Cab Air Con Change – every 2 years (subject to test)
We hope the above is useful, if you’d like to book in for a Pre-Season Check or if you have any questions, please call or email.
If you are getting ready for a new season, and your caravan, motorhome or campervan is a little green, ask about our Wash & Wax service.
New to us? Read what our customers say CLICK HERE
Fancy listening to more great tips? Have a look at Motorhome Matt’s Podcast CLICK HERE
Thank you for reading!