Dinitrol service for motorhomes , caravans and camper vans
Your motorhome caravan or camper van is a high value vehicle, maintain the underside to ensure good residual values, lower MOT costs and less risk of water ingress.
Whilst customers maintain the areas of the vehicle they can see, the underside is often forgotten. Everyday use, stone chips and road grit can damage the underside. Once bare metal is uncovered, it quickly oxidises and the rust process starts. Major rust damage is expensive to repair and can also trigger MOT failure. To reduce the risk of rust, specialist rust-prevention products (Dinitrol, Waxoyl, etc) have been developed. We have been using Dekalin products since 2012, the sister brand Dinitrol is better known in the car sector.
In fact there are now two leisure vehicle brands, that now stipulate the underside of the caravan or motorhome must receive a top up underbody treatment during each yearly service to comply with their 10 year water ingress body warranty.
Coach built motorhomes are a combined build from two organisations; the Chassis Cab is made by the “vehicle manufacturer” (Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Mercedes, Renault etc), and the habitation area or coach built body / rear chassis by made by “the converter” (Adria, Coachman, Elddis, Swift etc). When we are completing rust-prevention or underbody applications we treat the vehicle as a whole, the full underside, this means the outer wooden ply floor built by the motorhome converter will also have a layer of protection applied, reducing the risk of water ingress.
Our rust-prevention service includes the following steps:
- On ramp pre-work damage / rust inspection.
- Pre-treatment power wash, with degreaser to remove road salt, grime, oil from:
- Underbody area, including: Cab chassis, chassis box section, engine, transmission, running gear and habitation floor.
- Air & Compressed air dry.
- Removal all wheels.
- Fit protective coverings to vehicle & key areas ie brakes.
- First application: Dinitrol ML – Chassis cavity wax with active rust inhibitor
- Dinitrol 4941 underbody, chassis & ply floor
- Dinitrol 445 wheel arch stone chip
- Once dry, re-assemble ready for collection.
Yearly inspection recommended, 30 minutes at our standard labour rate.
Free if booked at the same time as a Habitation & Engine Chassis Service.
Dinitrol recommend a top up treatment every two years.
Removal of any existing surface rust.
Additional parts removal.
Rust, damage or paint repair.
Prices start from £500 inc. VAT
Please contact us if you would like a specific price or to make a booking.