Motorhome, Camper Van or Caravan Habitation Service.
We take the servicing of your Motorhome, Camper Van or Caravan seriously. We aim to do a great job, at a reasonable price.
Scroll down to check the service points included below.
When the AWS assessor audited us he gave us “outstanding”… here are two good reasons to use us…
1. CO Test Equipment
We have invested nearly £1,000 on gas analysis equipment, which means your gas appliances (fridge, water heater, room heater) and Room CO test are tested to the latest spec. and you get a print out of the results. We do not believe the current accepted industry standard of testing is accurate, some repairers just assess the flame colour (where they can see it).
2. RCD Load Test
Again we have invested in training and equipment, we actually isolate the vehicle, then electrically load test the mains system. This enables us to confirm the safety devices cut in within the specific time (milliseconds). The current industry standard is to press the trip button on the RCD, whilst this does check the mechanical switch, it doesn’t confirm the switch will work correctly under electrical load.
The above examples are included as standard within our service prices. Some workshops either charge for these tests on top of the service, or miss them out. Our focus is to ensure your vehicle is safe to use, mechanically, electrically and with gas.
Perhaps we can complete a Habitation Service on your Motorhome, Camper Van or Caravan ?
Here are the key service points:
- Under slung tanks and pipes – check condition and security
- Check the leisure battery is being charged by the engine and mains charger
- Battery (if fitted)-check condition of battery and compartment & check battery charge state
- Battery (if fitted)-check & top up level if required & perform high discharge test
- Fridge-check operation from 12v and 230v (ELV & LV)
- Interior lighting & equipment-check operation & fuse rating
- Awning light-check operation
- Wiring earths-check for defects on all ELV (12v) circuits (Visual)
- LV (230v) inlet plug & extension lead-check condition & resistance across connection pins
- Earth bonding-Visual Inspection
- RCD unit-check operation of RCD test button & operation of MCB’s
- RCD load test using approved PIR test equipment
- 230v sockets-carry out plug top polarity test
- Electric awning & step – check condition & operation
- Check electric hob (if fitted)
- Check operation of all other 230v appliances, fans & luminaries
- Air conditioning (if fitted)-check operation (Weather Dependent)
- Check that any additional items fitted are to the relevant standard
Gas System (Fridge not serviced unless requested)
- Regulator & gas hose-check age, performance & security
- Carry out gas leak check
- LPG Tank (if fitted) – check security
- Flame failure devices (FFD) check operation
- Appliances, cooker – check operation
- Appliances, heater – check operation
- Appliances, fridge – check operation
- Appliances, water heater – check operation
- Gas cylinder-check security
- Ensure all gas dispersal vents are clear
- CO Test & Report – Kane Gas Analyser used
- CO appliance test (per gas appliance)
- CO room test (30 minutes)
- Water pump & pressure switch-check operation
- Taps,micro-switch,valves,pipes & tank (if fitted)-check condition & operation
- Water filter & housing-check for leaks & replace filter if requested by customer
- Waste system-check for leaks
- Water tanks (if fitted)-check security of all water tanks, including under slung
- Drain down-winter only (suggest 01/11 – 31/03 weather determined) (unless advised not to by the customer)
- Toilet-check security, operation of flush pump & lubricate seals
- Fixed ventilation-check for obstruction & free flow of air
- Check all fixed ventilation is guarded against vermin ingression
- Roof lights-check for cracks, operation & free of obstructions
Fire & Safety
- Smoke and/or carbon monoxide alarm(s)-check operation & replace battery if necessary
- If a fire extinguisher is fitted, check to ensure it is in date
- If a fire blanket is fitted-check security of its housing
- Doors & windows-Check operation of all locks,catches,stays & seals
- Roof-check condition of roof lights & seals & also general condition of roof
- Body attachments – check security (including ladders, cycle racks, lockers, aerials, satellite dishes, etc)
- Cab seat – check operation (swivel type or bed configuration only)
- Floor-check for sponginess/delamination
- Furniture-check condition & operation of all furniture doors, handles & fixings
- Blinds & fly screens-check tension, operation & material for damage
- Damp test-carry out & note readings on a separate damp report sheet
- Rising roof – check operation (where applicable)
There are slight differences between a Habitation Service on a Motorhome, Camper Van and Caravan, but the above gives a feel for the main areas.
Each item will be checked, issues identified are listed on a separate sheet.
If you have any questions, or would like to book a Habitation Service, please call or email.